Students from the European Union will be able to enjoy free gym membership, guaranteed UK home-rate fees and a welcome gift by choosing to study at De Montfort University Leicester (DMU).
This is the second year DMU has offered an EU Bundle to encourage students from across the continent to continue to choose to study in the UK.
The bundle – for which DMU is investing more than £100,000 - is part of DMU’s wider #LoveInternational campaign, which celebrates and promotes benefit of international study and the importance of diversity and global culture on our Leicester campus.
Launched after the EU referendum, the campaign has involved a series of visits by DMU staff and students to European capitals.
It also encompassed a 24-hour vigil held on campus to celebrate global culture and promote tolerance and a petition to secure residency rights for EU staff working in the UK.
This year’s EU Bundle will be eligible for EU students enrolling in September 2018.
It consists of:
- Tuition fees guaranteed to remain at UK home-rates for entry September 2018 and January 2019 for the length of the course of study.
- Access to student loans from the Student Loans Company, for those enrolling in 2018.
- Coach pickups from Heathrow Airport on specified days.
- Ticket giveaways to attend matches at Leicester City Football Club (LCFC), and Leicester Tiger Rugby Club - official partners of DMU.
- A welcome payment of £150* paid to all students from EU countries outside the UK, applying for full-time courses starting in September 2018.
- Silver Membership of the Queen Elizabeth 2 Diamond Jubilee Leisure Centre and Gym.
James Gardner, Pro Vice-Chancellor for Strategic and International Partnerships at DMU, said: “International students make a very significant contribution to DMU in almost every way and diversity on campus is what makes DMU such a unique place to study.
“With this bundle we want to ensure that EU students continue to take up the opportunity of international study, as it offers such an enriching experience.”
*Students must be from the EU and joining a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught course beginning September 2018 or January 2019 intake.
Posted on Tuesday 11th April 2017