Holography and Three-Dimensional Imaging
The Imaging and Displays Research Group (IDRG) has earned an international reputation for excellence in design, development and evaluation of next-generation 3D displays and holography for consumer and industrial use.
The Team's world-first projects regularly involve collaboration with partners worldwide, leading to new possibilities for innovation and greater interaction.
The IDRG is concerned primarily with advanced stereoscopic and auto-stereoscopic display systems. The work encompasses a wide variety of application domains including computer graphics, virtual reality and tele-presence. The current focus is Hyper-Realistic Imaging using Holography.
The IDRG benefits from De Montfort University's commercial sponsor PANASONIC who kindly donated the most up to date 3D video broadcast cameras and screens currently available to the group. This together with the most advanced holographic imaging system currently available makes the group a unique starting place for businesses requiring information about photonics.
The key features of the services that the IDRG can provide include:
- Holographic Diffractive Optics and Light Guides
- Sterescopic and 3-D Video display and associated human factors
- Holographic Display and Applications
- Holographic Imaging
- 3D Lenticulars
- Optical Security and Holographic Optical Elements (HOEs)
There are many unique benefits to the services offered by the IDRG:
- Development of computational fluid dynamic models of prototype objects, such as F1 cars and architecture.
- Production of digital data visualisation- air flow / temperature simulation
- Production of high quality rendered models in TRUE 3D
- Lenticular and Digital Holograms- Prints from the above information
- Developing groundbreaking technology and innovations that revolutionise the way technology is used for 3D
Professor Martin Richardson|- Director, Professor of Modern Holography, Expertise in Holography and Modern Optics
Dr Ian Sexton|- Technical Director, Principal Lecturer, Expertise in 3D Display Systems
Tove Dalenius|- Senior Research Fellow, Holography
Panasonic|- Commercial sponsors of the IDRG supplying equipment to the research group.
Professional fees and charges
Please contact us to discuss your requirements and our relevant pricing structures.
Who we have worked with
The IDRG have collaborated both academically and industrially through research. These include:
- TU Eindhoven (Netherlands)
- KU Leuven (Belgium)
- KoC University (Turkey)
- University College London
- Nanjing University (China)
- Philips Consumer Electronics
- Sharp Laboratories of Europe
- Biotronics 3D
- Light Blue Optics
- Fraunhofer HHI
- Blue Frog Design
- Easibind International
- Melber Products Ltd
Related services you may be interested in
Business Development Manager
De Montfort University,Faculty of Technology,Gateway House 4.64,The Gateway,Leicester,