Train the Trainer - Infection Prevention Training
DMU Health Skills offer a tailored package to assess learner competence with regard to infection prevention to be implemented in the clinical area and to offer evidence of learning to the employer.
Structure and content
This two day course, tailored to suit each individual company will include the following content:
- Principles of infection prevention
- Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAIs) and the chain of infection
- Regulatory requirements for infection prevention and control
- Framework for the management of infection prevention and control: roles of the multidisciplinary team
- Decontamination: regulatory requirements, Policy and Practice
- Asepsis: Preventing Infection in Patient with Invasive Devices and use of Care Bundles and HII
- Surgical site infection prevention: protocols for prevention and diagnosing infection
- Evidence based Practice in Infection Prevention and Control, practical skills including WHO’s 5 moments of hand hygiene
- Detecting risks through surveillance
- How to influence change as an infection prevention link practitioner
- Antibiotic drug resistance
By the end of the course delegates will be competent in delivering cascade training with regards to infection prevention to other members of the clinical team.
- Recognising the importance of guidance, policy and procedure with regard to infection prevention
- Outlining best practice technique and use of equipment for infection prevention including; risk awareness, infection control procedures, and use of personal protective equipment.
- Identifying potential problems associated with infection prevention and how risk management can (and knowing how to deal with them can) promote high quality care
- Illustrating the importance of supervision and competency with regard to self and others in infection prevention
Who the course is for
The course will be tailored to suit service need for any healthcare environment.
Recommended prior knowledge
It is advisable that the individuals attending the course are knowledgeable within Infection prevention and have confidence in their abilities to provide cascade training within clinical environments.
Our experts have been providing skills training for over 20 years and we have a number of qualified academics who lead these sessions.
This course can be tailored to suit individual customer needs. The course can be delivered in-house at a venue of your choice subject to satisfactory audit of the premises. Trainers who successfully complete the 2 day event on infection prevention will be awarded a DMU certificate and be equipped to cascade this clinical skill to other members of their clinical team.
Please contact DMU Health Skills for an individual or cohort price. This will ensure we offer a tailored price for your organisation.