Terms of Reference
Terms of Reference:
- To understand and interpret the strategic environment in which the university operates, including the dissemination of analyses and consultation of the strategic choices facing the university, where appropriate.
- To provide steer and leadership on the academic and development strategy of the university.
- To propose the university budget.
- To receive, approve and monitor faculty and directorate strategic plans.
- To monitor and review the university’s performance (and that of its constituent faculties, directorates and other functions) and opportunities for development to optimise their contribution and impact within the university and national and international communities.
- To consider and approve any restructuring or re-organisation of the University, or parts of the University.
- To enable the rapid and effective exchange of policy, funding and performance information to support informed strategic discussions and decision making with the EB and across the university.
- To monitor and advise key leaders on mission critical operational issues and academic/service coherence delegating responsibility for delivery to EB members, as appropriate.
- To ensure compliance across the University with national legislation as it affects the university’s activities including (but not limited to) issues of equality, health and safety, data protection and freedom of information and to ensure that the university responds to the requirements of new legislation passed from time to time.
- To take executive responsibility for ensuring the effective communication and implementation of university strategies, plans, policies and the decisions of the board throughout the university.
- To develop, consider and recommend to the Board of Governors new and revised university strategies, plans and policies.
- To ensure the effective strategic management of the university’s financial, human and physical resources.