Learning Beyond Registration
Post Registration Learning Beyond Registration (LBR) programmes and modules for the continued professional development (CPD) of allied healthcare professionals.
Welcome to the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences at De Montfort University (DMU), Learning Beyond Registration (LBR) homepage.
We offer a wide variety of programmes, modules and short courses that will enable new and established qualified/registered healthcare professionals to further develop their professional skills and experience, and deliver a high-quality service to their local community.
Our suite of courses have been designed and delivered through strong partnerships between academics, clinicians and healthcare professionals; providing you with the best possible learning experience and the ability to keep up-to-date with the best clinical practices.
We have introduced a new online application process, and we hope that you will find our website useful for introducing you to our provision, as well as guiding you through our application process.
We hope you find a course that will enable you to fulfil your potential and wish you every success in your studies with us.
Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
If you would like further information regarding East Midlands Local Education Training Board (LETB) funding support, specific programmes or modules, please contact our LBR Admissions Team:
T: +44 (0)116 257 7700
Alternatively, if you are unsure what to study, or require further information, why not visit us on one of our dedicated open days , or book on to one of our regular campus tours to have a look around campus?
Why Study LBR at DMU
New students applying to study from semester 1 at DMU can benefit from:
- Our globally-recognised reputation for delivering high quality education for both new and established Healthcare Professionals, including nurses, midwives and allied health professionals, with the aim to improve health and patient care
- As a practising Healthcare Professional you can continue your post-registration development through our LBR provision, which has been formulated through the university’s partnership with the East Midlands LETB, practice partners, and colleagues from a wide range of specialities within the acute, primary care and independent healthcare sectors, to specifically meet the training needs in healthcare today
- Recent £12 million investment in our facilities, and unique partnerships including; Macmillan Cancer Support UK and our dedicated Centre for the Promotion of Excellence in Palliative Care (CPEP) in collaboration with the Leicestershire and Rutland Hospice (LOROS), means you will gain an enhanced learning experience
- Balancing study alongside work with our flexible provision (full-time, part-time, distance learning and taught options) and multiple starts, with funding opportunities available for NHS and non NHS professionals under the East Midlands LETB contract
- Accreditation by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and in some cases the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), you can opt from stand-alone modules or courses, or choose from a range of part-time healthcare undergraduate and postgraduate full programmes to suit all your training needs