Student satisfaction surveys
A variety of mechanisms are employed to gather student feedback, including questionnaires and surveys. These are conducted both internally within De Montfort University (DMU), and externally across the higher education sector.
DMU student surveys
Student surveys conducted internally within DMU includes:
External student surveys
Strategic Planning Services (SPS) are responsible for managing the university’s involvement in most of the external surveys including:
- Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) – contact SPS
- National Student Survey (NSS) for final year undergraduate students
Students at collaborative colleges graduating with a foundation degree will be asked to complete the NSS – contact SPS
- Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES) – contact SPS
- Postgraduate Research Experience Survey (PRES) – contact the Graduate School Office (GSO)
- UK Engagement Survey (UKES) – contact SPS
Use of survey data
Where students’ views are captured by internal or external surveys, the data is used at the appropriate level within the university to inform improvement. Student feedback is captured at both module and programme level, feeding into Module Enhancement Plans (MEPs) and the Programme Appraisal and Enhancement (PAE) retrospectively. These are considered by the Programme Management Board (PMB) and Faculty Academic Committee (FAC) with action plans devised as appropriate. Institutional level survey outcomes are used to inform debate and action at university committees.