Match Day Parking
Conditions for Match Day Parking
DMU offers a match day parking permit for football and rugby fans in Leicester subject to the following terms and conditions below:
DMU online store
- A fee of £150.00 will be charged by De Montfort University (“DMU”) to each applicant who is issued with a Match Day Parking Permit, as detailed within the covering email/letter, for the use of a DMU Car Park on home Match days during the 2021/2022 season. The fee will be reduced proportionately where a Match Day Parking Permit is issued part-way through the season. Please click here to order the permit from the DMU online store.
- DMU reserves the right to refuse to issue a Match Day Parking Permit to any applicant for any reason.
- The Match Day Parking Permit must be displayed and be clearly visible on the car windscreen or dashboard whilst parked on the designated Car Park. Failure to display the Match Day Parking Permit may result in the issue of a Parking Charge Notice.
- The Match Day Parking Permit will grant the holder the right to use the Car Park designated by DMU for the parking of one car on weekend home Match days and home Match evenings up until the expiry date displayed on their Match Day Parking Permit. No parking is permitted in any DMU Car Park between 07:30 and 18:00 from Monday to Friday each week with the exception of early parking for early kick offs.
- The Car Park designated by DMU for the use of Match Day Parking Permit Holders will usually be the University’s Main Car Park but the University reserves the right to designate alternative Car Park(s) for the use of Match Day Permit Holders in the event that part or all of the Main Car Park is inaccessible for any reason.
- DMU will arrange for the designated Car Park(s) to be accessible for the use of Match Day Parking Permit Holders for the event they are attending. Match Day Parking Permit Holders must comply with the directions given by any DMU employee responsible for managing the Car Park(s) on that day.
- The issuing of a Match Day Parking Permit during one year will not necessarily guarantee the issuing of a Match Day Parking Permit during subsequent years.
- Match Day Parking Permit Holders will reimburse DMU for any costs incurred by DMU in the event of any damage to the Car Park or furniture caused by their vehicle, the driver or their passengers.
- DMU accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss or theft of possessions from Match Day Permit Holders’ cars.
- DMU may need to restrict parking by Match Day Parking Permit holders on certain days for various reasons, e.g. DMU Open Days In the event that alternative parking is not available in another DMU Car Park DMU will be under no obligation to issue a partial refund of the Match Day parking fee to any Match Day Parking Permit Holder whose entry to a DMU Car Park is refused.
- In the event of any vehicle of a Match Day Parking Permit Holder remaining parked within the designated Car Park outside the reasonable times for going to or returning from the Match, DMU reserves the right to issue the registered owner of the vehicle with a Parking Charge Notice in accordance with DMU’s Vehicle Parking & Cycle Policy.
- In the event of an unforeseen circumstance occurring which requires a Match Day Parking Permit Holder to leave their car in a DMU car park overnight the driver or one of their passengers must notify the DMU Security Office on 0116-2577642.
- Any misuse or abuse of the Match Day Parking Permit system or complaint of careless or reckless driving or complaint of unacceptable or unreasonable behaviour may result in the Match Day Parking Permit being withdrawn by DMU without refund in total or in part.
- In the event of a Match Day Parking Permit being lost by the Match Day Parking Permit Holder a replacement may be obtained at a cost of £15.00.
- The Head of Security at DMU will be responsible for reviewing the conditions and charges for Match Day parking on behalf of the Director of Estates and Commercial Services.
- Useful contacts:-
Estates Helpdesk: Tel: 0116 2506366
DMU Security Office: Tel: 0116 2577642
The Security Office is situated in the Estates Services Building to the left of the entrance to the Main Car Park.