I received my BEng in 1997 from Cairo University where I studied communications engineering for 5 years (1992 – 1997), and then I obtained my Master (1999 – 2003) in data networks and digital communications. I received my MEng degree in 2003 after finalising my research in VoIP QoS routing area. In my research I have developed new technique to route the data traffic with minimal overhead signalling traffic (The Localized Multipath selection algorithm LMPS) and I have proved its performance using extensive NS2 simulations.
I have worked with several multinational organisations like Orascom Telecom, Newbridge Networks, Siemens ICN and Nokia Siemens Networks. I contributed in designing and implementing many projects worldwide like:
- First Internet ATM backbone
- KSA 1999-2001
- IDSC (Egyptian Cabinet Information and Decision Support Center) Network 1998.
- Egyptian ministries of agriculture, education, interior, defence and transportation 1998 – 2011.
- Tunisia Telecom NGN network migration 2003
- Egyptian fixed operator (TelecomEgypt) many PSTN & NGN projects 1998 – 2001.
- Sudatel GSM network optimization.
Also my professional activities include teaching training courses in data networks & VoIP areas.