Mr Chris Wright Ba (Hons), PGCertHE, FHEA.
Job: Senior Lecturer
Faculty: Computing, Engineering and Media
School/department: Leicester Media School
Research group(s): Institute of Creative Technologies
Address: De Montfort University, The Gateway, Leicester, UK, LE1 9BH
T: +44 (0)116 207 8673
Chris is the Co-ordinator of the Leicester Media School Drawing Centre (LMSDC) - The Centre for Developing Visual Communications.
The LMSDC aims to provide students with extracurricular pastoral support for the visual communications industries. It is a drawing school for developing artists and designers to have a creative forum and discourse.
LMSDC is provided to support your needs in developing visual communication skills required for your level of study. Projects and activities encourage students to develop quality skills in hand and eye coordination, measured drawing, life and location work and bespoke project support to improve your visual acuity. LMSDC supports drawing in its broadest sense. Its objective is to develop and support the ability to “look, see and record,” as well as the ability to explore and develop ideas using drawing as part of learning, across all the visually based courses.
Key research outputs
[Add Key Research Ouputs information here]
Areas of teaching
- drawing techniques, pen, pencil, charcoal etc.
- techniques for rendering form, colour and light
- landscape and interiors
- idea generation
- character and costume
- originality and invention
- colour and composition
- using photography to develop visual understanding
- storyboarding and mood boards
- visual language of film and photography
- speed drawing
- still life
- life drawing
- sketching/drawing/painting on location
These sessions provide learning activities that encourage creativity, experimentation, team building and collaborative learning.
- FHEA. Fellow of the Higher Education Academy 2015
- PGCertHE. De Montfort University 2010
- BA Hons Fine Art. Nottingham Trent University 2000
Honours and awards
- Dmu Oscar award, Exceptional Contribution to the Student Experience. Received 2018
- Dmu Oscar award. VC's Distinguished Teaching Award. Received 2015
- Dmu Oscar award VC's Distinguished Teaching Award. Received 2014
- Dmu Oscar award VC's Distinguished Teaching Award. Received 2011
Key articles information
[Add key research outputs information here]
e.g ‘Outputs, e.g. selected publications’ produced since January 2008