1. Gerged, A. M., Cowton, C. J., & Beddewela, E. S. (2018). Towards Sustainable Development in the Arab Middle East and North Africa Region: A Longitudinal Analysis of Environmental Disclosure in Corporate Annual Reports. Business Strategy and the Environment, 27(4), 572-587.
2. Al-Haddad, L. M., Gerged, A. M., & Saidat, Z. (2019). Managing earnings using classification shifting: novel evidence from Jordan. Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal, 23(2), 1-14.
3. Gerged, A. M., Al-Haddad, L., Al-Hajri, M. (2020). Is earnings management associated with corporate environmental disclosure? Evidence from Kuwaiti listed firms", Accounting Research Journal, 33(1), 167-185.
4. Gerged, A. M., & Elheddad, M. (2020). How can national governance affect education quality in Western Europe? International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, 21(3), 413-426.
5. Gerged, A. M., & Agwili, A. (2020). How corporate governance affect firm value and profitability? Evidence from Saudi financial and non-financial listed firms. International Journal of Business Governance and Ethics, 14(2), 144-165.
6. Albitar, K., Kolade, N., & Gerged, A. M. (2020). ESG disclosure and firm performance before and after IR: The moderating role of governance mechanisms. International Journal of Accounting & Information Management, 28(3), 429-444.
7. Elmghaamez, I., Gerged, A., M., & Ntim, C. (2020). Financial Market Consequences of Early Adoption of International Standards on Auditing: International Evidence. Managerial Auditing Journal, 35(6), 819-858.
8. Gerged, A., M., Babikir, B., M., & Elmghaamez, I. (2020). Did corporate governance compliance have an impact on auditor selection and quality? Evidence from FTSE 350. International Journal of Disclosure and Governance, 17(2), 51–60.
9. Gerged, A. M., Beddewela, E. S., & Cowton, C. J. (2021). Is corporate environmental disclosure associated with firm value? A multi-country study of Gulf Cooperation Council firms. Business Strategy and the Environment, 30(1), 185-203.
10. Salem, R. A., Ezeani, E., Gerged, A. M., Usman, M., Alqatamin, R. M. (2020). Does the quality of voluntary disclosure constrain earnings management in emerging economies? Evidence from Middle Eastern and North African Banks, International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, 29(1), 91-126.
11. Albitar, K., Gerged, A., M., Kikhia, H., and Hussainey K. (2020). Auditing in the time of social distancing: The effect of COVID-19 on auditing quality. International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, 28(3), 429-444.
12. Gerged, A., M. (2021). Factors affecting corporate environmental disclosure in emerging markets – the role of corporate governance structures. Business Strategy and the Environment, 30(1), 609-629.
13. Gerged, A., M., Matthews, L., & Elheddad, M. (2021). Mandatory Disclosure, Greenhouse Gas Emissions and the Cost of Equity Capital: UK Evidence of a U-shaped Relationship. Business Strategy and the Environment, 30(2), 908-930.
14. Gerged, A., M., Beddewela, E., and Cowton, C. (2021). Does country-level governance quality affect corporate environmental disclosure? Evidence from the Gulf Cooperation Council nations. International Journal of Finance and Economics, Forthcoming: DOI: 10.1002/IJFE.2469.
15. Gerged, A. M., Albitar, K., & Al-Haddad, L. M. (2021). Corporate environmental disclosure and earnings management - the moderating role of corporate governance structures. International Journal of Finance and Economics, Forthcoming: DOI: 10.1002/ijfe.2564.
16. Nuskiya, M., Ekanayake, E, Beddewela, W., & Gerged, A., M. (2021). Determinants of Corporate Environmental Disclosures in Sri Lanka: the role of Corporate Governance. Journal of Accounting in Emerging Economies, 11(3), 367-394.
17. Zahoor., N & Gerged., A., M. (2021). Relational capital, environmental knowledge integration and environmental performance of SMEs in emerging markets. Business, Strategy and the Environment, Forthcoming: DOI: 10.1002/bse.2840.
18. Al-Haddad, L., M., Whittington, M., & Gerged, A., M. (2021). Abnormal Real Activities, Meeting Earnings Targets and Firms’ Future Operating Performance: Evidence from an Emerging Economy. Journal of Accounting in Emerging Economies, Forthcoming: DOI 10.1108/JAEE-07-2020-0161.
19. Gerged, A. M. (2021). Editorial: Recent trends in corporate governance and sustainability research. Corporate Governance and Sustainability Review, 5(2), 4-6. https://doi.org/10.22495/cgsrv5i2editorial
20. Gerged, A., M. & Elmontaser, T. (2021). Corporate Adoption of SDG Reporting in A Non-enabling Institutional Environment – Insights from the Libyan Oil Industries. Resources Policy, 74, 102-240. DOI: 10.1016/j.resourpol.2021.102240
21. Masli, H., Mangena, M., Gerged, A, M., & Harradine, D. (2021). Stakeholder Perception of the Determinants of Audit Committee Effectiveness in a Developing Economy: Evidence from the Libyan Banking Sector, Journal of Accounting in Emerging Economies, Forthcoming. DOI: 10.1108/JAEE-09-2019-0182