In recent years DMU has invested £260 million on facilities ranging from industry level equipment and studio spaces and a first-class library and learning zones, to modern accommodation and a wide range of recreational amenities.
A further £136 million is currently being invested in an ambitious campus transformation to provide students with a high-quality learning environment which will include:
- An impressive £58m rebuild and refurbishment of the landmark Fletcher complex, now the Vijay Patel Building
- An £845k revamp to Bede Island – home of DMU’s world-leading Game Art Design course. £670k has already been spent fitting out classrooms with the latest industry-standard equipment and a further £175k of improvements are planned this year
- A £22.2m investment in IT infrastructure
Industry standard facilities and a supportive study environment
- DMU’s industry standard labs, studios and workshops allow theoretical studies to be applied on equipment that is used in industry, providing the essential skills and experience employers are looking for
- DMU libraries provide the perfect place to study, conduct research, access publications and get support
- There are approximately 1,600 study spaces and 550 computer workstations for individual study or group-working
- DMU is one of only a few universities which has a dedicated law library, based in the Hugh Aston Building
You can explore the DMU campus by visiting our Virtual Open Day.