#DMUglobal High Flyers Award
Our ground-breaking #DMUglobal programme aims to offer all our students an international experience during their time with us, transforming them into truly global graduates.
#DMUglobal has recently taken students on a range of life-changing academic and student-led trips, internships, volunteering and cultural experiences in; China, Canada, USA, Japan, South Africa, Russia and Germany for example.
Our dedicated #DMUglobal High Flyers Award offers ambitious students a discount of up to £1,000 towards a #DMUglobal opportunity*.
To redeem your award, all you have to do is apply for a #DMUglobal opportunity from the start of term and you will receive your award prior to departure.
*Terms and Conditions apply
To qualify for the #DMUglobal High Flyers award you must:
- Be a UK or EU status student
- Be starting a full-time undergraduate course in September 2016, and make DMU your firm UCAS choice
- Not be undertaking NHS funded study
- Achieve 320 UCAS points or more, from three A Levels or an A2 equivalent in one sitting; for example a BTEC Extended Diploma at DDM
- Pass with a minimum of 34 points overall if you are studying International Baccalaureate
Please note that students studying an Access course are not eligible
Terms and conditions
- All DMU first-year students are eligible to apply for a #DMUglobal bursary of £400 for international trips, and £150 for European trips. The #DMUglobal High Flyers award then provides eligible students with up to an additional £600 for international trips (making up the £1,000 award) and up to an additional £500 for European trips (making up the £650 award).
- Awards up to £1,000 are redeemable against any international #DMUglobal opportunities outside of Europe.
- Awards up £650 are redeemable against any European #DMUglobal opportunities.
- Awards are discounted from the total cost of travel and accommodation of a #DMUglobal trip, which must be claimed within the student’s first year of study.
- If the overall cost of travel and accommodation for the #DMUglobal trip is less than the combined amount of the High Flyers award, plus the #DMUglobal bursary, then the High Flyers award amount will be reduced accordingly, with the remaining award available for a future #DMUglobal opportunity within the first year of study.
- Awards are not redeemable against any on-campus or UK-based #DMUglobal opportunities.
- Awards are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative will be offered.
- The 320 UCAS points must be achieved in one sitting; however, the sitting is not required to be from 2016. We will consider those who have completed level 3 qualifications in a previous year.
- Applicants who choose DMU as their insurance choice, and then later become Firm with DMU, will not be eligible.
- Awards cannot be deferred with an application or enrolment later than September 2016.
- #DMUglobal High Flyers students are not guaranteed acceptance to the #DMUglobal programme, and must formally apply for their #DMUglobal experience - our dedicated team will contact you to arrange the next steps .
- If an applicant is allocated an award but then withdraws their application, or does not take part in the opportunity for any reason, the award is forfeited and must be repaid.
- The university reserves the right to withdraw awards at any point before they are allocated.
- DMU reserves the right to revise or amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.