Filbert Village is a privately managed hall operated by the Unite Group PLC.
The hall is located 10 minutes walk from campus, near to the Leicester City Kingpower Football stadium. It is 20 minutes walk from the city centre and close to a variety of convenience stores and leisure facilities. There is a ‘common room’ with a seating and TV area. Filbert Village offers en suite accommodation in flats of two, four, five or six classic or premium study bedrooms. Flats are accessible by lifts and stairs.
Rent and costs 2014/15
Contracts at Filbert Village for UK, EU and returning students are for 43 weeks and 1 day, beginning on the Friday of intake weekend, 19 September 2014 until Friday 17 July 2015. Contracts for new overseas students will begin one week earlier on 12 September 2014 for International Welcome Week.
The weekly rent for a classic en suite room is £101, total contract fee £4,357.53 for 43 week 1 day contracts and £4,458.53 for 44 week and 1 day contracts.
The weekly rent for a premium en suite room is £111, total contract fee £4,788.86 for 43 week 1 day contracts and £4,899.86 for 44 week and 1 day contracts.
- Utility bills are included in the rent
- Contents insurance up to the value of £3,000 is included
- 20Mb Wireless Internet is included (top ups available at an extra cost)
A guarantor is required. The guarantor can be either UK or international, they must be over the age of 21 and in full time employment. Without a guarantor you will need to make payment for the full year’s rent when making the booking.
Once you have booked a room in Filbert Village you will be required to make the booking fee payment of £250 (£200 – damage deposit payment and £50 – non refundable administration fee).
Students will then be contacted by Unite to be registered and will receive their tenancy agreement. The tenancy agreement will need to be completed and returned directly to Unite. At this time you will need to provide bank/card details so that a payment plan can be set up ready for when your first installment is due. Payment will not be taken before the scheduled date.
Students who have an unconditional firm offer will then have a confirmed booking. Applicants that have a conditional firm offer will have a confirmed booking once they have met the requirements of their conditional offer. There is a 14 day cooling off period from the date that bookings become confirmed in which you are able to cancel the contract, once this time has passed you are legally bound to the terms of the contract.
Rent instalments 2014/2015
Classic en suite (43 week and 1 day contract), four instalments:
8 September 2014: £435.76
13 October 2014: £1,307.27
19 January 2015: £1,743
13 April 2015: £871.50
Premium en suite (43 week and 1 day contract) , four instalments:
8 September 2014: £478.89
13 October 2014: £1,436.66
19 January 2015: £1,915.54
13 April 2015: £957.77
Students with an international home address will need to pay in two equal instalments on 8 September 2014 and 19 January 2015
Classic en suite, two instalments of: 43 week and 1 day contract: £2,178.76
44 week and 1 day contract:£2,229.26
Premium en suite, two instalments of: 43 week and 1 day contract: £2,394.43
44 week and 1 day contract:£2,449.93
Please Note: The first instalment is due prior to arrival, you will not be able to use your student loan to make this payment, as you receive your student loan after you have enrolled on your course.
Payments can be made by debit card or credit card (there is a two per cent surcharge on credit card transactions) or by direct debit, bank transfers can be used for customers with no other ways of making payment. The Damage Deposit payment and the rent instalments should be made directly to Unite Group PLC.
Classic study bedrooms have a single bed and Premium bedrooms have a 3/4 size bed, both with under bed storage
- Desk and chair
- Notice board
- Chest of drawers
- Shelving unit
- Coat hook
- Bedrooms are carpeted with curtains
Each bedroom has an en-suite shower room
- Shower curtain
- Toilet roll holder
- Towel rail
- Wash basin
Within each flat there is a shared kitchen with a breakfast bar and stools as well as a carpeted area with a sofa and curtains. There is a cooker, fridge, freezer, microwave, kettle and toaster. There is also a vacuum, dustpan and brush, mop and bucket, iron and an ironing board and a bin in each flat.
Facilities and services
- Cleaning - common areas outside of the flats are cleaned. You are responsible for cleaning the kitchen and your own room and en suite
- Laundry facilities are available 24hrs, machines are coin operated and cost £2.70 per wash and £1.20 per dry
- 20Mb Wireless Internet is provided by Freewire and is included in the price of the rent.
- Phones are not provided in the room, but it is possible to access telephone communication through the computer
- There is CCTV in operation covering outside areas
- Secure door entry system
- 24hr roaming security is available
- On-site Management Office: Mon to Fri: 10am-7pm Sat: 10am-4pm
- Maintenance service
- There is a secure postal point. Each flat has a post box
- There are TV points in all study bedrooms and in the kitchen/lounge area. You will need to bring a co-axial cable lead. You will be liable for the TV licence
- Limited car parking (bookable directly through Unite on a first come first serve basis) a 43 week parking space costs £537.50
- Bicycle storage is available
- Filbert Village is a no smoking Hall of Residence