Located near to Leicester City’s King Power football stadium – 5 minutes from the DMU campus and just 15 minutes’ walk from the city centre – Filbert Village is a privately managed hall operated by the Unite Group and is a great choice for en-suite accommodation.
Close to a variety of convenience stores and leisure facilities, Filbert Village offers flats, accessible by lifts and stairs, comprising of two, four, five or six classic or premium study bedrooms with a shared common room with a seating and TV area.
Rent and costs 2014/15
Contracts at Filbert Village for UK, EU and returning students are for 43 weeks and 1 day, beginning on the Friday of intake weekend, 19 September 2014 until Friday 17 July 2015.
Weekly rent for a classic en-suite room is £101
Total contract fee is:
- £4,357.53 for 43 week 1 day contracts
- £4,458.53 for 44 week 1 day contracts
Weekly rent for a premium en-suite room is £111
Total contract fee is:
- £4,788.86 for 43 week 1 day contracts
- £4,899.86 for 44 week 1 day contracts
Utility bills are included in the rent along with contents insurance up to the value of £3,000 and 20Mb Wireless Internet (top-ups available at an extra cost).
N.B. A guarantor is required. The guarantor can be either UK or international; they must be over the age of 21 and in full-time employment. Without a guarantor you will need to make payment for the full year’s rent when making the booking.
Once you have booked a room in Filbert Village you will be required to make the booking fee payment of £250 (£200 damage deposit payment and £50 non-refundable administration fee).
Students will then be contacted by Unite to be registered and will receive their tenancy agreement. The tenancy agreement will need to be completed and returned directly to Unite. At this time you will need to provide bank/card details so that a payment plan can be set up ready for when your first instalment is due. Payment will not be taken before the scheduled date.
Students who have an unconditional firm offer will then have a confirmed booking. Applicants that have a conditional firm offer will have a confirmed booking once they have met the requirements of their conditional offer. There is a 14-day cooling off period from the date that bookings become confirmed in which you are able to cancel the contract. Once this time has passed you are legally bound to the terms of the contract.
Rent instalments 2014/2015
Classic en-suite (43 week and 1 day contract), four instalments:
- 8 September 2014: £435.76
- 13 October 2014: £1,307.27
- 19 January 2015: £1,743
- 13 April 2015: £871.50
Premium en-suite (43 week and 1 day contract), four instalments:
- 8 September 2014: £478.89
- 13 October 2014: £1,436.66
- 19 January 2015: £1,915.54
- 13 April 2015: £957.77
Students with an international home address will need to pay in two equal instalments on 8 September 2014 and 19 January 2015
Classic en-suite, two instalments of:
- 43 week and 1 day contract: £2,178.76
- 44 week and 1 day contract:£2,229.26
Premium en-suite, two instalments of:
- 43 week and 1 day contract: £2,394.43
- 44 week and 1 day contract:£2,449.93
Please Note: The first instalment is due prior to arrival; you will not be able to use your student loan to make this payment, as you receive your student loan after you have enrolled on your course.
Payments can be made by debit card or credit card (there is a two per cent surcharge on credit card transactions) or by direct debit. Bank transfers can be used for customers with no other ways of making payment. The Damage Deposit payment and the rent instalments should be made directly to Unite Group.
Within each flat there is a shared kitchen featuring a breakfast bar and stools as well as a carpeted area with a sofa and curtains. The kitchen is equipped with a cooker, fridge, freezer, microwave, kettle and toaster and each flat also has a vacuum cleaner, dustpan and brush, mop and bucket, iron and an ironing board and bin.
Classic study bedrooms have a single bed and Premium bedrooms have a 3/4 size bed, both with under-bed storage.
- Desk and chair
- Notice board
- Chest of drawers
- Shelving unit
- Coat hook
- Bedrooms are carpeted with curtains
Each bedroom has an en-suite shower room
- Shower curtain
- Toilet roll holder
- Towel rail
- Wash basin
Facilities and services
- Cleaning – common areas outside of the flats are cleaned. You are responsible for cleaning the kitchen and your own room and en-suite
- Laundry facilities are available 24-hours, machines are coin-operated and cost £2.70 per wash and £1.20 per dry
- 20Mb Wireless Internet is provided by Freewire and is included in the price of the rent
- Phones are not provided in the room, but it is possible to access telephone communication through the computer
- There is CCTV in operation covering outside areas and a secure door entry system
- 24-hour roaming security is available
- On-site Management Office: Mon to Fri: 10am-7pm Sat: 10am-4pm
- Maintenance service
- There is a secure postal point. Each flat has a postbox
- There are TV points in all study bedrooms and in the kitchen/lounge area that require a co-axial aerial lead (not supplied)
- TV licence required
- Limited car parking (bookable directly through Unite on a first come first serve basis) a 43-week parking space costs £645
- Bicycle storage is available
- Filbert Village is a no-smoking residence