Hedges Education Studies Scholarship 2016/17
The Faculty of Health and Life Sciences is pleased to offer four prestigious Hedges Education Studies scholarships for final year DMU Education Studies students who will achieve at least a 2:1 in their undergraduate degree and will progress on to the Education Practice MA in 2016/2017. This award is part of the Faculty’s on-going commitment to enhancing the personal and career development of our own graduates.
Students will be entitled to 50 per cent discount on the 2016/2017 tuition fees for the Education Practice MA.
The scholarship is awarded following an application process. Eligible applicants need to have a Home or EU fee status, and expect to graduate this summer (2016) from the Education Studies BA (Hons) at DMU. Eligible applicants must also achieve at least a 2:1 in the BA (Hons) and subsequently enrol onto our full-time or part-time Education Practice MA in 2016/2017.
Applications will be assessed on academic and/or professional merit. In order to be considered for the scholarship, applicants must complete a scholarship application form which will be assessed by a panel. Scholarships applications must be completed and submitted to email@example.com or to the Health and Life Sciences Admissions Office.
The application material submitted for consideration for a place on the MA will also be used as the basis for assessment for the scholarship.
- DMU course application form (including supporting statement)
- Two references of which at least one should be from an academic source
- Copies of qualifications achieved to date and university transcripts where relevant
- Your application for the scholarship and a 500 word statement to support your scholarship application
Applicants for the Scholarship will need to be submitted by Friday 1 July 2016 and you will be notified of the outcome in writing by the end of July 2016.
Scholarship application forms can be obtained online or from the Admissions or Postgraduate Faculty offices.
Terms and conditions:
- Scholarships are available for full-time and part-time Education Practice MA running in the 2016/17 academic session
- Only Home or EU fee status applicants who have formally accepted their offer by the Friday 17th June 2016 will be considered
- The scholarship is valid only for entry into the 2016/2017 academic session - scholarships cannot be deferred by the applicant until a subsequent academic year
- The scholarship will operate as a tuition fee discount only, to be applied at the point of enrolment, and can be pro-rated over the number of years of study
- Applicants must have no outstanding debt to the university
- Students in receipt of the Hedges scholarship will not be eligible for any other scholarship or award, including the VC2020 and other alumni scholarships. No cash alternatives will be offered and the scholarship cannot be transferred to any other course at DMU or to a nominated recipient
- Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the university
- De Montfort University (DMU) reserves the right to revise, review or withdraw any of the scholarships at any time without prior notice
- Scholarships are only available to students paying their own fees
- De Montfort University (DMU) reserves the right to cancel any scholarship which has been claimed fraudulently and to apply the full tuition fee
- Scholarships will be forfeited if the successful applicant subsequently withdraws their course application or does not enrol for any reason
- Where a student terminates or interrupts their studies, prior to the completion of their course, both the tuition fees and the scholarship will be pro-rated, based on the student’s last date of attendance