Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Kettering General Hospital is a 600-bedded acute Foundation Trust.
The Trust employs more than 3,200 staff and considers them its greatest asset.
Our services include 600 inpatient and day-case beds, organised according to speciality (including admissions, cardiology, respiratory, gastroenterology, stroke, care of the elderly, endocrinology, surgery, orthopaedics, gynaecology, paediatrics, intensive care, special care baby unit).
The pharmacy department
You would be joining a well established and friendly team of approximately 75 pharmacy staff with a commitment to ensuring our patients receive maximum benefit from their medicines. The pharmacy department has been extended and refurbished in 2017 to provide a modern efficient environment. The pharmacy department is based on, and serves a single site.
Services we offer include:
- Dispensing and supply of in- and out-patient medicines
- Aseptic production unit – providing cancer chemotherapy
- Clinical ward pharmacy – a team of clinical pharmacists and medicines management technicians working at ward level to support the safe and effective use of medicines
- Medicines information
- Specialist team support for homecare, antimicrobial stewardship and clinical trials
- Medicines Management assistants
The department strives to innovate to work more effectively and efficiently whilst improving patient safety. Recent successes have included dramatic increases in accuracy of discharge letters to GPs due to pharmacist intervention and the delivery of significant financial savings related to medicines usage. Individuals and teams within pharmacy have been nominated for the Trust’s Employee Excellence awards for the last three years.