- Five GCSEs at grade C or above including English
Plus one of the following:
- A minimum of 260 from at least two A levels with a subject at grade C or above
Further information about BTEC equivalencies
- BTEC National Diploma - Distinction/Merit/Merit
- BTEC Extended Diploma - Distinction/Merit/Merit
International Baccalaureate : 28+
Access course (started before September 2014)
Pass. English GCSE equivalency of 12 level two credits required.
Access to HE Diploma (started after September 2014)
Pass Access qualification. The GCSE requirement is still under review. An update of our entry requirements will be given on our website and on UCAS as soon as it is available.
Interview: Yes. Professional conduct during the event will also contribute to the decision making regarding an applicant’s application.
One year's direct practical experience in a youth-related environment either statutory or voluntary prior to the start of the course
This course welcomes mature students and values their experience. In some cases an alternative experiential and academic profile may be accepted for entry.
You must complete a declaration form and enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service application form before starting the course, which needs to be cleared in accordance with DMU’s admissions policy. Contact us for up-to-date information.
If English is not your first language, we require an English language level of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
English Language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning, is available both before and throughout the course if you need it.
Personal statement selection criteria
- Clear communication skills, including good grammar and spelling
- Information relevant to the course applied for
- Interest in the course demonstrated with explanation and evidence
- If relevant for the course - work and life experience