- Five GCSEs at grade C or above including English Language or English Literature and Maths.
Plus one of the following:
- Three A levels with grades ABB or better (excluding General Studies), normally taken in one sitting.
- BTEC National Diploma - Distinction/Distinction/Merit
- BTEC Extended Diploma - Distinction/Distinction/Merit
Further information about BTEC equivalencies
- Pass in the QAA Access to HE with at least 36 level 3 credits at distinction and 9 at merit. English and Maths GCSE required as separate qualifications. Equivalency not accepted within the Access qualification.
The recruitment process for this course includes assessing applicants by interview for the core values of the NHS constitution. Professional conduct during the event will also contribute to the decision making regarding an applicant’s application.
Work experience: We expect candidates to have sought some related experience e.g. with a voluntary organisation/school/nursery etc before applying. Where possible they will have had experience within a speech and language therapy clinical setting
Relevant degree/foundation degree
Each application will be considered on its merits.
Applications from mature students are encouraged. Mature students must normally demonstrate evidence of academic attainment within five years of application.
All successful applicants
- Will need to be 18 years of age by the commencement of placements in the Year 1 Professional Practice Education module
- Must complete an occupational health check, declaration form and enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure application form before starting the course (if you are overseas you will also need to submit a criminal record certificate from your own country), which needs to be cleared in accordance with DMU's admission policy
English language requirements:
If English is not your first language an average IELTS score of 7.5 (with no component below 7.00) when you start the course is essential. English language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning (CELL), is available both before and during the course.
Please visit dmu.ac.uk/international for more information.
UCAS Tariff changes
Students applying for courses starting in September 2019 will be made offers based on the latest UCAS Tariff. Find out more.