You will have access to state-of-the-art, fully digitally equipped performance and teaching spaces, including a multi-million pound Performance Arts Centre for Excellence building.
Our multi-million pound Creative Technology Studios feature a host of industry standard video, audio and radio production suites and two fully equipped recording studios featuring analogue and digital recording systems and surround sound monitoring.
The studios provide facilities for the acquisition, editing and distribution of video, audio and computer-generated materials and files can be shared throughout the studios via a fast computer network, enabling a seamless mixed-media workflow.
Specifically, the facilities include:
- Industry-standard video, audio and radio production suites
- A suite of over 20 High-Definition (HD) video workstations, using the very latest industry-standard HD editing software
- Television studios with HD video cameras, green-screen and virtual-studio capabilities
- Two fully-equipped recording studios, featuring analogue and digital recording systems and surround sound monitoring
- Broadcast-standard radio production studios with professional playout and management systems
- Audio and video laboratories with high specification test equipment for signal analysis
- Fused-media and motion-capture studios for the teaching and research of 3D image capture, modelling and display
- A high-speed, high-definition, data backbone, enabling the integration of audio, video and computer-generated media projects Hybrid technologies, using the best of current analogue and digital media.
Find out more...
This is DMU’s social hub, housing a large food court, shops, the Lobby bar, De Montfort Students’ Union (DSU), performance studios and our chaplaincy.
There are also Conference Rooms, allowing us to host a variety of events from workshops, lectures, practical sessions and group work to exhibitions.
In March 2016 work is due to start in the centre to create a state-of-the-art new home for DSU, making it more visible, offering more breakout space and giving better access to its key services.
Library and Learning Zones
We have 1,500 study places and 650 computer workstations across four sites on campus. These give access to more than half a million publications, an extensive range of DVDs, e-resources and thousands of electronic journals.
During standard term-time (October to June) the main Kimberlin Library is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Outside of this period, and during university holidays, the library will remain open but with reduced opening hours.
Award-winning staff are on hand to help and there is a café for study breaks. We offer a range of workshops, drop-in and one-to-one sessions, and our Just Ask service provides email and telephone support.
Our comfortable and well-equipped study areas provide a range of environments to suit your needs.
Originally set up in our main Kimberlin Library, the learning zones proved so popular that more were created in the Eric Wood Building and Greenhouse. These flexible spaces are ideal whether you are working as a group, practising a presentation or working quietly on your own.
They feature workstations with power supplies for laptops, plus bookable syndicate rooms with interactive whiteboards and DVD players. Eduroam wi-fi is available across all campus locations.