- Five GCSEs at grade C or above including: English, Maths and Science. At least two GCSEs at grade B or above are required
Plus one of the following:
- A minimum of 120 points from a maximum of three A levels, including at least one of the following subjects at grade B or above: Health and Social Care, Biology, Sports Science, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology or Sociology (General Studies is not accepted)
- BTEC National Diploma - BTEC in Health and Social Care or Applied Science at Distinction/Distinction/Merit
- BTEC Extended Diploma - BTEC in Health and Social Care or Applied Science at Distinction/Distinction/Merit
- 28+ including at least one of Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Psychology at higher level
- AHE (Nursing and Midwifery)
- AHE (Science)
- AHE (Health Professions)
Pass in the QAA Science or Health Professions or Nursing and Midwifery Access to HE, with at least 24 level 3 credits in Human Biology (or General Science; Chemistry; Physics) of which 18 must be at distinction. Five GCSEs at Grade C or above, including: English, Maths and Science are required as separate qualifications. At least two GCSEs at grade B or above are required.
DBS required: You must complete an occupational health check, declaration form and enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service application form before starting the course (if you are overseas you will also need to submit a criminal record certificate from your home country), which needs to be cleared in accordance with DMU's admission policy.
Interview required: Yes. Interviews will take place at De Montfort University; these will include numeracy and literacy tests. Professional conduct during the event will also contribute to the decision making regarding an applicant’s application.
The recruitment process for this course includes assessing applicants by the content of their personal statement and interview for the core values of the NHS constitution.
Work experience: Yes, minimum of 6 months.
Evidence of study in the last five years is required.
Please note that we do not accept childcare qualifications for midwifery.
Personal statement selection criteria
- Clear communication skills, including good grammar and spelling
- Information relevant to the course applied for
- Interest in the course demonstrated with explanation and evidence
- If relevant for the course - work and life experience
- Evidence of relevant reading
- Commitment for academic study and the demands of the programme
- Capacity to take responsibility and participate in teamwork
English language requirements:
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 7 in all components when you start the course is essential. English language tuition, delivered by our British Council accredited Centre for English Language Learning (CELL), is available both before and during the course.
Please visit dmu.ac.uk/international for more information.
UCAS Tariff changes
Students applying for courses starting in September 2019 will be made offers based on the latest UCAS Tariff. Find out more.