Fashion Buying with Garment Technology BA (Hons) application and portfolio advice
Your portfolio should contain around 10-15 pieces of your strongest work.
We will also be interested in who or what inspires you in fashion retail, fashion and particularly in buying. We advise you to look at Drapers or Retail Marketing and fashion magazines such as Vogue, ID or Elle magazine.
Most importantly we are looking at your potential to develop a career in fashion retail. We don’t expect you to be exceptional in all the areas described below. We want you to be keen to learn and have ambitions for your own future. We are interested in underlying, creative and imaginative ideas.
Portfolio submission options for overseas applicants
What are we looking for?
We are looking for:
- Someone who has an interest in fashion retail and is up to date with new developments on the high street
- Someone who has some skills in software packages such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Some appreciation of the garment industry and retail practices
- Someone who has an interest in trends and product development
- Some appreciation of branding and marketing
- Someone who has an understanding of the role and purpose of fashion buying
What should a portfolio contain?
Please include any evidence of your experience in IT (Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator, and digital photography).