Reasons to study Business Management in Sport at De Montfort University:
The Business Management in Sport MSc is a programme that will explore the evolving and multi-faceted area of management in sport through core modules from business and bespoke sport modules. In addition, the programme focuses on ethical considerations, major competitions, sports marketing, heritage and sport’s political, social, economic, and cultural contexts.
This course is ideal for students who are looking to begin a career or are in the early stages of a career in the sporting sector.
During this course, you will develop knowledge of business management and sport on local, national, international and global levels to prepare for a career in the sector. You may choose to pursue a career within governing bodies, federations, clubs, sponsors, marketing organisations, the media, local and central government or legacy and heritage organisations.
There are also ways for you to tailor your university experience to your interests. You will have opportunities to get involved with a #DMUglobal experience and choose a language study option. Amongst the global opportunities within the Sport Heritage module students will visit historical sport sites, such as the Munich Olympic Park, the Garmisch-Partenkirchen ski jump, and Allianz Arena in Germany.
In addition, as well as gaining experience working directly within a sport organisation, you will also have the opportunity to complete an Executive Company Project, Entrepreneurship Project or a Creative Research Project. With an Executive Company Project you will also have the opportunity to get involved with global engagement with international companies.
- Valuable industry links, including the British Bobsleigh and Skelton Association as well as established DMU relationships with Leicester City Football Club, Leicester Tigers Rugby Football Club and Leicestershire County Cricket Club
- Opportunities to gain valuable sport industry experience at local, national and international sporting events
- Personal leadership mentoring and career coaching
- Leading academics from the world of many segments in the sporting industries
- Unique learning environment headquartered in the Great Hall of Leicester Castle
- Regular presentations by leading business figures in the sporting industry
- Networking and peer support as a result of being part of a small, exceptionally talented tutor group
- Modules that have been created to provide you with key skills needed to lead and succeed in today’s global sports industry
- Emphasis on the development of business-relevant cultural awareness, including optional language study
- Access to the postgraduate wing of the £35million Hugh Aston Building
- Access to a 24/7 high-tech library with a choice of learning environments. This in addition to new amenities such as the QEII Diamond Jubilee Leisure Centre
- Mentoring and one-to-one academic support from leading academics, at the forefront of their fields
At DMU, we are committed to helping our graduates enhance their careers and personal development through further study.
Vice-Chancellor’s 2020 Scholarship
Up to 50 per cent of tuition fees offered to Home/EU DMU alumni for students who wish to continue their studies at DMU by enrolling on a Postgraduate taught course. For more information visit our Vice-Chancellor’s 2020 Scholarship page.
Vice-Chancellor’s Sports Scholarship
Find out more about the Vice-Chancellor's Sports Scholarships worth up to £6,000.
Find out about available scholarships and country specific fee discounts for international students.
More courses like this:
Business Management in the Creative Industries MSc
Global Finance and Investment MSc
Global Banking and Finance MSc
Meet Professor Brown and find out what attracted her to DMU – and Leicester – and how she is creating a business school uniquely targeted at the 21st-century needs of industry and students.