Wound management: Principles and Practice
This clinically focused module will be useful for practitioners who have a specific interest in caring for patients with acute and chronic wounds. It will enable practitioners to bring their wound management knowledge up to date with local and national guidelines and to discuss contemporary issues in the management of complex wounds.
Specialist tissue viability staffs make a substantial contribution and help to integrate theory to practice. Module is relevant to nursing, midwifery and allied health professional applicants
- Effective registration with the NMC / HPC or other relevant professional body. ESSENTIAL
- Undertaken successful level 4/5 academic study. ESSENTIAL
- Currently be employed in practice and have the support of their manager in undertaking the module. ESSENTIAL
- Have a named mentor in clinical practice throughout the duration of the module. ESSENTIAL
Module Category: NMAH
Module Code: 3374
Module Credits: 15
Module Level: 6
Semester 2 2018:
This module runs once per academic year.
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 31 January
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 14 February
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 28 February
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 14 March
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 11 April
Return to study
This is a degree-level module in which you will be expected to produce assessed work at degree-level standard.
If it is sometime since you undertook other kinds of academically assessed work, you will be well advised to consider undertaking some self-directed academic updating around returning to study.
More information can be found here
Learning Beyond Registration contract