This module is for nurses, midwives and allied health professionals with an interest in women’s health care, who work in both NHS and independent hospitals, and community settings.
The module will enable practitioners from a range of backgrounds (for example general practice, youth work, midwifery, mental health and learning disabilities) to explore specialist knowledge and practice, and examine professional ethical and legal issues that impact on women’s health care provision.
The module covers anatomy and physiology, and specific care management of gynaecological and menstrual disorders, oncology, continence issues, early pregnancy management, reproductive and sexual health, and breast care. This will enable practitioners to develop strategies for the future provision of women’s health in their current area of practice.
- Effective registration with the NMC / HPC or other relevant professional body. ESSENTIAL
- Undertaken successful level 4/5 academic study. ESSENTIAL
- Currently be employed in practice and have the support of their manager in undertaking the module. ESSENTIAL
- Have a named mentor in clinical practice throughout the duration of the module. ESSENTIAL
How to apply
Online Application Forms and Guidance Information
Module Category: NMAH
Module Code: 3332
Module Credits: 30
Module Level: 6
Semester 2 2019:
This module runs once per academic year.
- 09.00 - 13.00 Friday 8 February
- 09.00 - 13.00 Friday 15 February
- 09.00 - 13.00 Friday 22 February
- 09.00 - 13.00 Friday 1 March
- 09.00 - 13.00 Friday 8 March
- 09.00 - 13.00 Friday 15 March
- 09.00 - 13.00 Friday 22 March
- 09.00 - 13.00 Friday 29 March
- 09.00 - 13.00 Friday 5 April
- 09.00 - 13.00 Friday12 April
Return to study
This is a degree-level module in which you will be expected to produce assessed work at degree-level standard.
If it is sometime since you undertook other kinds of academically assessed work, you will be well advised to consider undertaking some self-directed academic updating around returning to study.
More information can be found here
Learning Beyond Registration contract