Using Research Evidence in Practice
This module examines the research evidence that is available to underpin healthcare practice. It explores the main methods which are used and promotes critical thinking applied to the accessing, consideration and application of findings.
It is suitable for nurses, midwives and all healthcare professionals who wish to develop their practice through the inclusion of research and evidence-based materials.
- Effective registration with the NMC / HPC or other relevant professional body. ESSENTIAL
- Undertaken successful level 4/5 academic study. ESSENTIAL
- Currently be employed in practice and have the support of their manager in undertaking the module. ESSENTIAL
- Have a named mentor in clinical practice throughout the duration of the module. ESSENTIAL
How to apply
Online Application Forms and Guidance Information
Module Category: NMAH
Module Code: 3373
Module Credits: 15
Module Level: 6
Semester 1 2017
- 11.00 - 13.00 Monday 02 October
- 11.00 - 13.00 Monday 09 October
- 11.00 - 13.00 Monday 16 October
- 11.00 - 13.00 Monday 23 October
- 11.00 - 13.00 Monday 30 October
- 11.00 - 14.00 Monday 06 November
- 11.00 - 13.00 Monday 13 November
- 11.00 - 13.00 Monday 20 November
- 11.00 - 13.00 Monday 27 November
- 11.00 - 13.00 Monday 04 December
Return to study
This is a degree-level module in which you will be expected to produce assessed work at degree-level standard.
If it is sometime since you undertook other kinds of academically assessed work, you will be well advised to consider undertaking some self-directed academic updating around returning to study.
More information can be found here
Learning Beyond Registration Contract