Promoting Normality in Childbearing
This module explores the concept of normal birth and how this may be promoted. Individual and collective knowledge, skills and beliefs which impact on the promotion of normality in childbearing are critically discussed.
The module aims to develop the student’s insight into and the ability to respond in a proactive and creative manner to promoting normality appropriate to the individual needs of women during childbearing, even in circumstances where childbearing is more complex.
This module aims to promote individual, personal and professional growth in relation to the knowledge, skills and positive attitudes that underpin and are associated with the midwife’s responsibilities towards promoting normal birth.
- Effective registration with the NMC / HPC or other relevant professional body. ESSENTIAL
- Undertaken successful level 4/5 academic study. ESSENTIAL
- Currently be employed in practice and have the support of their manager in undertaking the module. ESSENTIAL
- Have a named mentor in clinical practice throughout the duration of the module. ESSENTIAL
Module Category: PRUM
Module Code: 3302
Module Credits: 30
Module Level: 6
Semester 1 2015:
This module runs once per academic year.
- 09.00 - 16.00 Thursday 8 October
- 09.00 - 16.00 Thursday 15 October
- 09.00 - 16.00 Thursday 29 October
- 09.00 - 16.00 Thursday 5 November
- 09.00 - 16.00 Thursday 12 November
- 09.00 - 16.00 Thursday 19 November
- 09.00 - 16.00 Thursday 26 November
- 09.00 - 16.00 Thursday 3 December
- 09.00 - 16.00 Thursday 10December
- 09.00 - 16.00 Thursday 17 December
Return to study
This is a degree-level module in which you will be expected to produce assessed work at degree-level standard.
If it is sometime since you undertook other kinds of academically assessed work, you will be well advised to consider undertaking some self-directed academic updating around returning to study.
More information can be found here
Preparation for Study
[Enter return to study details here]