Pressure Ulcer Prevention and Management
This module is designed for practitioners who wish to extend their knowledge in the prevention and management of patients with pressure damage. The focus of this module is to help to integrate theory to practice.
The module is designed to develop your knowledge and skills and in pressure ulcer prevention and management. It will enable practitioners to bring their knowledge of pressure ulcer management up to date with local and national guidelines.
The module will cover the following subject areas:-
- The aetiology and pathophysiology of pressure ulcers and their management
- Review and evaluate pressure ulcer management practices based on current evidence
- Explore and examine values, attitudes and beliefs that underpin the delivery of care to patients with or at risk of pressure damage.
Module Category: NMAH
Module Code: 3372
Module Credits: 15
Module Level: 6
This module runs once per academic year.
Semester 1 2018:
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 3 October
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 17 October
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 31 October
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 14 November
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 28 November
Preparation for Study
NMAH 3372 is a degree-level module in which you will be expected to produce assessed work at degree-level standard. If it is sometime since you produced an academic essay or undertook other kinds of academically assessed work, you will be well advised to consider undertaking the Return to Study information that is available on the LBR DMU website beforehand.