Post-anaesthetic Recovery Care
This module enhances the student knowledge and holistic understanding to care provided for patients in the immediate post-operative phase, gaining essential insight and skills in patient assessment and the deteriorating patient.
It is designed for staff working in the operating department environment, and those from a variety of recovery room settings where surgical interventions and procedures occur, to develop patient care and taking into account the numerous developments within this field. Taught sessions include invasive and non-invasive monitoring equipment, management of post-operative nausea and vomiting, emergency situations and pain.
- Effective registration with the NMC / HPC or other relevant professional body. ESSENTIAL
- Undertaken successful level 4/5 academic study. ESSENTIAL
- Currently be employed in practice and have the support of their manager in undertaking the module. ESSENTIAL
- Have a named mentor in clinical practice throughout the duration of the module. ESSENTIAL
How to apply
Online Application Forms and Guidance Information
Module Category: NMAH
Module Code: 3364
Module Credits: 15
Module Level: 6
This module runs once in the academic year in Semester 1
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 03 October
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 10 October
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 17 October
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 7 November
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 21 November
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 28 November
Return to study
This is a degree-level module in which you will be expected to produce assessed work at degree-level standard.
If it is sometime since you undertook other kinds of academically assessed work, you will be well advised to consider undertaking some self-directed academic updating around returning to study.
More information can be found here
Learning Beyond Registration contract