The module is aimed at Perioperative Surgical staff working in a wide range of surgical environments such as pre-assessment, day care, ward, theatres and anaesthetics. The diverse material of taught sessions includes:
- General/local anaesthesia
- Nutritional impact on health and recovery
- Pain assessment and management
- Patient trends in surgical services and care delivery
- Human Factors
Exploration of surgical services and socio-economic factors associated to patient care are also analysed.
- Effective registration with the NMC / HPC or other relevant professional body. ESSENTIAL
- Undertaken successful level 4/5 academic study. ESSENTIAL
- Currently be employed in practice and have the support of their manager in undertaking the module. ESSENTIAL
- Have a named mentor in clinical practice throughout the duration of the module. ESSENTIAL
How to apply
Online Application Forms and Guidance Information
Module Category: NMAH
Module Code: 3380
Module Credits: 30
Module Level: 6
Semester 2 2018:
This module runs once in the academic year in Semester 2.
- 09.00 - 16.00 Tuesday 6 February
- 09.00 - 16.00 Tuesday 13 February
- 09.00 - 16.00 Tuesday 27 February
- 09.00 - 16.00 Tuesday 6 March
- 09.00 - 16.00 Tuesday13 March
- 09.00 - 16.00 Tuesday 20 March
- 09.00 - 16.00 Tuesday 27 March
- 09.00 - 13.00 Tuesday 3 April
Return to study
This is a degree-level module in which you will be expected to produce assessed work at degree-level standard.
If it is sometime since you undertook other kinds of academically assessed work, you will be well advised to consider undertaking some self-directed academic updating around returning to study.
More information can be found here
Learning Beyond Registration contract