Minor Illness Management in Adults
The module is heavily clinically focused and is aimed at nurses and allied health professionals whose practice requires specialist knowledge and skills in the management of patients/clients with a minor illness.
The module aims to develop assessment, consultation and examination skills in order for the practitioner to competently manage a patient with an unscheduled or minor illness.
It incorporates the presentation and immediate management or referral of patients who present with a range of minor illnesses, and includes:
- Mental health
- Effective registration with the NMC / HPC or other relevant professional body. ESSENTIAL
- Undertaken successful level 4/5 academic study. ESSENTIAL
- Currently be employed in practice and have the support of their manager in undertaking the module. ESSENTIAL
- Have a named mentor in clinical practice throughout the duration of the module. ESSENTIAL
- Have successfully completed a module that includes diagnostic, examination and consultation skills or equivalent e.g. NMAH 3314 or SPEC 5604 or equivalent. ESSENTIAL
How to apply
Online Application Forms and Guidance Information
Module Category: NMAH
Module Code: 3353
Module Credits: 15
Module Level: 6
Semester 1 2018
- 09.00 - 13.00 October 10
- 09.00 - 13.00 October 24
- 09.00 - 13.00 November 07
- 09.00 - 13.00 November 21
- 09.00 - 13.00 December 5
Return to study
This is a degree-level module in which you will be expected to produce assessed work at degree-level standard.
If it is sometime since you undertook other kinds of academically assessed work, you will be well advised to consider undertaking some self-directed academic updating around returning to study.
More information can be found here
Learning Beyond Registration contract