Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
This module explores specialist knowledge, practice and attitudes that underpin enhancing Cognitive Behaviour Therapy by promoting assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation resulting in the enhancement of nursing/health care.
The module is designed to develop your knowledge, skills and competence to support your understating into the practice of cognitive behavior psychotherapy. You will be provided with the opportunity to review and debate your professional activity and to formulate your patients problems and develop CBT informed interventions that influence practice.
The module will cover the following subject areas:
- Theoretical and clinical skills development for a range of common mental health problems
- The development of CBT with people experiencing psychosis
- Review the underpinning evidence relating to Cognitive Behaviour Therapy as applied to relevant specialist practice areas
- Review the future developments of CBT
- Explore and examine values and beliefs that underpin the delivery of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Effective registration with the NMC / HPC or other relevant professional body. ESSENTIAL
- Undertaken successful level 4/5 academic study. ESSENTIAL
- Currently be employed in practice and have the support of their manager in undertaking the module. ESSENTIAL
- Have a named mentor in clinical practice throughout the duration of the module. ESSENTIAL
How to apply
Online Application Forms and Guidance Information
Module Category: NMAH
Module Code: 3311
Module Credits: 30
Module Level: 6
Semester 1: 2017
This module runs once per academic year.
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 05 October
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 12 October
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 19 October
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 26 October
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 02 November
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 09 November
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 16 November
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 23 November
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 30 November
- 09.00 - 13.00 Thursday 07 December
Return to study
This is a degree-level module in which you will be expected to produce assessed work at degree-level standard.
If it is sometime since you undertook other kinds of academically assessed work, you will be well advised to consider undertaking some self-directed academic updating around returning to study.
More information can be found here