Cancer: Diagnosis to Survivorship
This module is ideally taken following completion of NMAH 3305 Cancer Prevention to Detection Module, but this isn’t imperative. Additionally, you may take this course as a standalone module. The course is designed for nurses and allied health care professionals who care for people diagnosed with cancer in any healthcare setting.
The course aims to help students develop a comprehensive understanding of the nature of cancer and how it might be treated, as well as considering issues of communication and enhancing therapeutic relationships with people and the political context of cancer care provision.
- Effective registration with the NMC / HPC or other relevant professional body. ESSENTIAL
- Undertaken successful level 4/5 academic study. ESSENTIAL
- Currently be employed in practice and have the support of their manager in undertaking the module. ESSENTIAL
- Have a named mentor in clinical practice throughout the duration of the module. ESSENTIAL
How to apply
Online Application Forms and Guidance Information
Module Category: NMAH
Module Code: 3304
Module Credits: 30
Module Level: 6
This module runs once every two years in Semester 2. The module runs over 16 weeks in total. Weeks 1-10 are teaching and practice weeks and weeks 11-16 are practice based weeks only.
The 2018 dates and times of the next module are:
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 31 January
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 7 February
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 14 February
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 21 February
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 28 February
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 7 March
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 14 March
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 30 March
Two week Easter break
- 09.00 - 13.00 Wednesday 21 March
- 09:00 - 13:00 Wednesday 11 April
- 09:00 - 13:00 Wednesday 18 April
Return to study
This is a degree-level module in which you will be expected to produce assessed work at degree-level standard.
If it is sometime since you undertook other kinds of academically assessed work, you will be well advised to consider undertaking some self-directed academic updating around returning to study.
More information can be found here
Learning Beyond Registration contract