Research and Innovation Strategy and the Research Excellence Framework (REF)
The Research Strategy and REF team aims to ensure that DMU's Research and Innovation Strategy is delivered and implemented.
The team ensures that the institution fulfils its requirements for the REF and is able to optimises on its Quality Related (QR) research funding for the future by delivering robust research projects. Team members also take responsibility for the operational aspects by undertaking special projects and providing support for ‘researcher development’ in partnership with other areas throughout the university.
The team will also showcase thematic strengths across DMU and offer the following support to faculties and institutes:
- Development of research strategies and plans across the institution
- Monitoring research performance
- Support in preparations for the REF
- Investment in research initiatives
- Supporting special institutional projects
- Developing special researcher training support
In preparation for the next REF, sound policy and best practice will be developed and implemented, including processes and systems of the highest quality, which are instrumental in leading the DMU REF submissions process.