Creativity at the Heart of Research
The Faculty of Art, Design and Humanities is home to research staff with international reputations in a wide range of creative and scholarly fields, blending traditional disciplines of critical enquiry and analysis with practice-based research and creative work employing cutting-edge technology.
One of the key features of the faculty’s research culture is a commitment to the genuine integration of practice and theory in the arts. The faculty is structured into four schools: Architecture, Arts, Design, and Humanities, each of which reflects that imperative.
The faculty has a number of specialised research institutes, centres and groups:
- Architecture Research Group
- Leicester Centre for Creative Writing
- Design and New Product Development Research Group
- Centre for Adaptations
- Fashion and Textiles Research Group
- Photographic History Research Centre
- Fine Art Practice
- Centre for Textual Studies
- Digital Building Heritage Group
- History Research Group
- Centre for Interdisciplinary Research In Dance
- International Centre for Sports History and Culture
- English Research Group
Other significant research areas include:
Drama, English and Creative Writing.
Shakespeare in London
An interactive website, map and mobile phone app have been designed by a De Montfort University (DMU) team to guide tourists to the sites of London's Shakespearean theatres..
For more information visit the PhD Scholarships page.
Art, Design and Humanities Research Ethics