Media Discourse Group Overview
The Media Discourse Group
, chaired by Stuart Price, has established a thriving research and post-graduate culture, and would welcome applications from Research students (see below for fields of expertise).
The Group has also hosted a number of conferences and events, and is currently engaged in a number of research projects and other initiiatives.
- ‘Media, Communication and Security’, 2012
- ‘Memory, Narrative and War’: research project, 2012
- Global Uncertainties: Grand Challenges
- Health and Ageing: Grand Challenges
- Global Sports Rights
- ‘The Ordinary Audience’: psycho-social approaches to media and consumption
- The Mediation of Disability
- Transcription Project: ‘Branding the Agency’
- ‘Networked’ communication and power
- ‘Democracy in Deficit’: Media Talk and Elections in America, Europe and the UK
- Pension policy in its historical context
- Reality Television and Class.
The Media Discourse Group at De Montfort University invites applications to the Midlands 3 Cities Doctoral Training Partnership from UK and EU students. Members of the group and their research interests are listed below:
Professor Stuart Price; Professor of Media and Political Discourse
Media, Political Studies Association member, Media and Communication and Cultural Studies Network.
Click here to find out more about Media Discourse and here if you would like to make an application.