We offer a range of high standard accommodation for our students, with ten halls of residence – and around 3,000 rooms – all of which are within easy walking distance of the campus.
There is a choice of mixed or same-gender flats, shared kitchen and laundry facilities, furnished bedrooms (some with en suite facilities) and internet access.
Zoom in/out and click on the blue pins to explore our full range of accommodation options.
Of our ten halls three are managed by DMU; Bede Hall, New Wharf and Waterway Gardens, the rest are managed by trusted private providers, though we still allocate rooms on their behalf.
Our halls of residence:
Halls of residence features:
- Shared kitchen facilities – including a fridge/freezer and cooker as minimum, although most will also include a microwave, kettle, toaster, iron/ironing board and a vacuum cleaner.
- Shared laundry facilities – coin or card/token operated machines (you will need to provide your own washing products)
- Furnished bedrooms – comprising bed, wardrobe and desk.
- Internet access (additional charges may apply if you wish to upgrade)
- On-site hall manager
- Secure postal points
- Security staff either on site or on call 24/7, CCTV and/or electronic door entry systems.
- Bike parking/storage
- Contents insurance
Some halls also offer one or more of the following:
- En-suite bathrooms (all with showers, no baths)
- Premium bedrooms: pay more for a larger room with more storage and/or a double bed (single occupancy only) at Liberty Park all rooms are premium (standard size room with a double bed)
- Self-contained studio apartments
- Common rooms
- TV points in bedrooms and communal areas - a portable TV aerial is required for rooms without a TV point (a TV licence is required for each room using a TV)
N.B. All accommodation is strictly non-smoking.
Choosing your accommodation
With such a wide range of accommodation available one of the most important things to consider is the cost. Look at the total contract price as well as the weekly rate and consider any upfront costs and when the rent is due as this can be before arrival and payment of your student loan.
Private halls will also require a guarantor and there may be additional costs, such as upgrading your internet access or contents insurance.
The Student Accommodation Code
We are signed up to the UUK Student Accommodation Code of practice. This code is for universities and protects our students rights to safe, good quality accommodation.
The privately managed halls are all signed up to the ANUK National Code which is the equivalent code for private halls.
Other accommodation providers are available in Leicester, but they might not be covered by the codes.