Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey - have your say!
The 2018 PTES is now open! Click here to complete the survey
Are you a postgraduate taught student?
The 2018 Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES) opens soon and all eligible students are invited to take part.
The PTES (2018) asks taught postgraduate students about their teaching and learning experiences during their course. De Montfort University is committed to listening to students and enhancing the student experience, so your feedback is important.
Your survey responses will be combined with those of others to help inform DMU about the experience of postgraduate students. We will use this to improve future support.
More than 120 UK universities will be involved in the PTES, which is supported by the Higher Education Academy. Its results are also used to guide national policy and develop the postgraduate experience across the Higher Education sector.
What’s in the survey?
The PTES is an online questionnaire that takes around 15 minutes to complete. All data will be held anonymously.
The questionnaire includes the following topics:
- Teaching and learning
- Assessment and feedback
- Dissertation or final project
- Organisation and management
- Learning resources
- Skills and personal development
- Overall satisfaction
- Students’ motivations for taking their course
Your voice counts
Feedback from previous Postgraduate Taught Experience Surveys has enabled DMU to make positive changes to meet the needs of students more effectively. Examples include:
- Through PTES, and projects such as Universal Design for Learning (UDL), we reviewed postgraduate courses to ensure that assessments are appropriate and spread evenly across the academic calendar
- Through UDL we have implemented DMU Replay for postgraduate students, which enables students to receive lecture content in a variety of multimedia formats.
- Continued improvements to campus facilities and study spaces for postgraduate taught students across all faculties.
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. Your participation is of great value and we appreciate your time and help with this.
The PTES is available from Monday 5 March 2018 to Friday 18 May 2018. Please click here to complete the survey.
To log in to the survey, use your De Montfort University P number as your username and your date of birth (ddmmyyyy - with no slashes) as your password, e.g. P10101010 and 01121970.
If you require more information about PTES please email firstname.lastname@example.org.