UNITE Foundation Scholarship
The UNITE Foundation Scholarship is jointly offered by De Montfort University and the Unite Foundation. The scholarships offer three years free accommodation in a standard en suite room at Newarke Point.
The Scholarships are designed to support and promote access to higher education for students coming to university from Local Authority care and those who are estranged from their parents.
Applicants must be:
- students entering their first year of an undergraduate degree OR
- currently studying at DMU towards an undergraduate degree AND
- expecting to receive the full Maintenance Loan
- have applied through University and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS)
- been offered and be intending to accept a firm offer of a place at DMU
1. Start by reading the guidance notes here.
2. Complete the Unite Foundation application form and
3. Scan to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
De Montfort University,
Room 0.80 Gateway House
The Gateway, Leicester, LE1 9BH
All applications must reach us by midday on Monday 28th June 2018 to be considered.
For further enquiries please contact a member of the Transitions Team on (0116) 257 7872/7605 or email email@example.com
Further information about UNITE halls details can be found on the DMU accommodation page.
New students starting in 2018/19:
Please do not reserve a UNITE hall unless you intend to take up the accommodation irrespective of the outcome of your scholarship application. Newarke Point would normally require a guarantor. If you are not able to provide a guarantor, please consider instead reserving a place in Bede or New Wharf. This place can then be released if your scholarship application is successful.