Dyslexia Support

If you have a Specific Learning Difference (SpLD) such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia or dysgraphia we encourage you to disclose this to the University when you apply or prior to starting your course.

The Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA) is a government fund that can help towards the cost of support, such as specialist 1:1 study skills tuition, specialist software packages and computer equipment.

To support an application for the DSA, you will need an up-to-date Educational Psychologist Assessment or Specialist Teacher Assessment which was carried out after the age of 16 years.

If you are applying to DMU, your school or college may fund an assessment for you prior to you starting your university course; an alternative option is to fund the assessment privately. However, if you have an Unconditional/Conditional Firm offer with DMU, we may be able to fund an assessment prior to you starting your course. Please contact us for more details.

If you are a current student and think that you might be dyslexic or have another SpLD, we advise you to make an appointment to discuss your concerns and learning style. Following the appointment it may be appropriate to refer you for a diagnostic assessment which may be funded by the University. Please book an appointment through MyGateway or by booking through the Student Gateway Reception.

PC Help 3
Events Calendar

At DMU there is always something to do or see, check out our events for yourself.

DSU logo
De Montfort Students' Union

DSU is here to support you, find out how.


MyDMU is where you can find all your personal DMU information.