What is Chaplaincy?
Chaplaincy is inclusive of the University team that offers support as part of a holistic care.
What is a Chaplain?
A Chaplain is appointed by the University to offer pastoral, religious, spiritual, moral and social support for staff, students and visitors.
How do I contact the Muslim Chaplain?
The Muslim Chaplain can be contacted during normal working hours of Monday to Friday through the:
- Chaplaincy reception, Tel: 0116 250 6389.
- Student and Academic Services (SAAS) reception, Tel: 0116 257 7595 who will pass the message.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @DMU_Imam
Where is the Prayer Room?
The Prayer Room is on the basement/lower-ground floor of the Portland Building.
The entrance to the Prayer Room is from the back entrance of Portland Building i.e. from Newarke Close through the car park - see DMU campus map .
Please see the Prayer times page. Web: http://www.dmu.ac.uk/prayertimes
The Working Muslim in Ramadan
Attachment: Student Loans
Please also see below:
Alternative Finance Product
Your guide to Halal Money
Chaplaincy can provide you:
| Before DMU |
- Assist in finding the correct course for students and providing information of University services to enhance student experience. Support is offered on DMU Open Days and by Emails.
| During DMU |
- Support is provided initially during Welcome Week, International Week and Freshers to settle into your home and community, and throughout your time.
- Learn about faith and support for your faith journey.
- Spiritual guidance, counselling and prayer support, as well as a place of safety and/or prayer.
- Pastoral and practical support for life issues, such as money and debt, relationships, stress, health, illness, bereavement, etc.
- Understand the value of your work and its spiritual significance, also work, timetabling and deadlines.
- Assist in Employability in conjunction with Unitemps, Frontrunners, DMU Graduate Internships, DMU Global, DMU Local and DMU Square Mile India.
| After DMU |
- Become an Alumnus and ambassador for the University.
- Peace which can utilised for the life ahead.