| DMU logo

How financial support is paid

Student financial support is available to most full time undergraduate UK students, and to some EU and some part time undergraduate students.

You should apply for student funding using a form PN1 (new students) or PR1 (returning students), when you apply for your programme. Please visit www.gov.uk/student-finance| for further information.

The Student Loans Company (SLC) is responsible for paying tuition fee loans and tuition fee grants directly to the university, and for paying most of the financial support to which you are entitled directly into your bank account.  This support may be a Maintenance Grant, other grants, a Maintenance Loan, or a DMU bursary or scholarship.  

Before any payments are made to you by the SLC, your attendance on the programme must be confirmed. The University or College Payment Advice letter sent by the SLC should be taken, together with your DMU student ID card, to the ASK Desk in Student Gateway, ground floor Gateway House.

Your attendance is then confirmed to the SLC, which will release the BACS payment to your bank account in three or four working days.

Events Calendar

At DMU there is always something to do or see, check out our events for yourself.

DSU logo
De Montfort Students' Union

DSU is here to support you, find out how.


MyDMU is where you can find all your personal DMU information.