Do more on MyDMU!
You’re probably used to hopping on MyDMU to check your timetable or view your exam schedule.
But soon you’ll be able to do a whole lot more…
- Check which modules you’re registered on
- Check your progress against your degree or study programme
- See all your assessment deadlines (with real-time updates!)
- Check your DMU account balance - stay on top of your payments
The new tiles will be available 24/7 on any device.
This is part of a programme to improve your access and control over information the university has about you, as well as making life a bit easier when selecting modules and managing your timetable.
What's coming first?
If you study on one of the four programmes listed below, two new tiles are already live on your MyDMU dashboard. These are:
- Personal Information: View, update and amend the details the university has on file about you (this is an expanded version of the existing Personal Information tile).
- Finance: Check your DMU account balance anytime; see if scholarship or other payments have been made and stay on top of any debt.
From Tuesday 3 July Game Art students will also have My Results - a new, expanded version of the Grades tile - see below for further details.
When will the shiny new tiles land on MyDMU dashboard?
If you’re studying:
- BA Contour Fashion (Arts, Design and Humanities)
- BA Game Art (Technology)
- MSc Healthcare Science Audiology (Health and Life Sciences)
- BA Public Administration and Management (SCOPE at City University, Hong Kong)
you’ll see the new tiles from mid-June. That's because we want to try out the first few tiles with a smaller group of students so we can check they’re working well. Everyone else will get the new tiles ready for the start of the next academic year.
Attention Game Art students
If you study a BA in Game Art you will also have access to the new My Results tile from Tuesday 3 July. This looks the same as the tile everyone else can see, but your version has some added features! You can use the tile to more easily see details of marks for your individual modules as well as your overall marks. You can also download your module results info if you want.
We took the decision to release this version of the tile just to a small number of students on results day to make sure everything works well before it replaces the existing version down the track.
Watch this space for further news – and keep an eye out for updates in #loveDMU, student pages and posters and info around campus.
Help and support
To help you get to grips with the changes, we’ve created a quick start guide for each tile. The first four are available here:
If any information on your tile looks incorrect please contact your faculty Student Advice Centre. For all technical issues please call the ITMS service desk on 0116 250 6050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org