What you can expect
Students at DMU have access to a wide range of IT services and facilities including:
• Leading edge IT facilities for all our students. We have over 3,000 desktop computers on campus and support over 400 teaching classrooms and labs.
• 700 central PCs and Macs in the Kimberlin Library 24/7 365 days a year and other open access areas with dedicated labs for Mac and Linux platforms.
• Vast range of software for their studies including specialist applications for their subject area including CAD, business applications, and industry level software.
• Borrowing a laptop for use in the University library through self-service laptop loan service.
• FREE access to Microsoft Office 365. This will include your student email, online Microsoft Office applications as well as applications such as OneNote, Sway and Microsoft Imagine.
• 1 TB of storage on OneDrive to store all personal and University documents.
• Cost effective printing services – De Montfort University has one of the cheapest print services in Higher Education sector which can be accessed across the campus.
• Free campus wide Wi-Fi service - Eduroam – providing high speed and consistent connectivity and only requires your student login details to activate.
• DMU’s virtual learning environment Blackboard allowing students to access their learning materials and submit course work online.
• Access to additional software and hardware to support students with disabilities.
• MyDMU student portal and mobile app provides personalised access to timetabling, Library services, Blackboard, and a wide range of additional functionality.