Airport coach pick-up service
If you are starting a course in January, there will be a courtesy pick-up from London Heathrow Airport (LHR) on Friday 19th January. This date coincides with the start of both Business and Technology course inductions on Monday 22nd January.
The coach will depart from London Heathrow Airport at 19.00 on Friday 19th January.
- When booking your coach pick-up, you will need to make sure you have enough time to collect your luggage and pass through immigration. You should allow a minimum of two hours between your scheduled flight arrival time and the DMU coach departure time. Please remember there can sometimes be long queues at Heathrow Border Control.
- The DMU Meeting Point is in Terminal 3. If your flight arrives at a different terminal, please allow an additional 30 minutes to transfer between airport terminal buildings.
- Coaches will leave on schedule and will not be able to wait at the airport after the published departure times.
- If you book a place on a coach but we think you have not allowed enough time to get to the pick-up, we will email you to advise you of alternative travel options (such as the National Express coach service).
As part of the booking process, you will need to let us know where you will be staying in Leicester.
How can I book a place?
To book your place on an airport coach, please complete the online form here.
Once we've received your booking, we will email you with more information about the pick-up.
Please remember that you will need to move and carry your luggage yourself.
If you have booked a place on one of our coaches, you are welcome to bring -
- up to 2 medium-sized suitcases or rucksacks (maximum size 80cm x 35cm x 40cm each), plus -
- one piece of cabin luggage (hand baggage)
If you want to bring more luggage than this, you may need to arrange at the airport for your luggage to be sent to Leicester separately. Alternatively, you may need to book a taxi instead, or make alternative travel arrangements.
You can find more detailed information about our coach pick-up service in the Frequently Asked Questions section.
What if I am arriving at a different time?
If you can, we recommend that you schedule your flight to coincide with our pick-up, because this free service will take you directly to the heart of the DMU campus.
We provide this service on key arrival dates during the year; if you are arriving at a different time or at a different airport, you will need to make your own way to the DMU campus. You can find out more here about how to travel to DMU from your airport.
If you have any questions about travelling to Leicester or need further information or advice, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find information about how to travel to DMU from different UK airports, here.
If you need further assistance, please contact us at email@example.com and we will be happy to advise you.