To celebrate the start of the new academic year, DMU is giving visitors to our Welcome Weekend this Saturday and Sunday, 23 and 24 September, the chance to win a pair of tickets to one of four gigs put on by leading Leicester venue The Cookie.
The High Street venue has a reputation for breaking new bands and comedy acts with the likes of Royal Blood, Jaws, Slaves, British Sea Power, Toy, Eagulls, Sean Walsh, Paul Foot, Holly Walsh and Tiff Stevenson having played there.
And they have kindly offered us pairs of tickets for four great gigs happening under their watch over the coming university year.
We have a pair of tickets for twice Mercury Prize-nominated Ghost Poet, Canadian Indie-Popsters Alvvays, breaking comedy act Mo Gilligan and Glastonbury Festival Emerging Talent winner Declan McKenna.
To be in with a chance of winning, just check DMU’s Twitter feed @dmuleicester on Saturday and Sunday morning, give us a follow and retweet the message about our competition with @_thecookie
The Cookie can then add you on their contacts to let you know about the huge numbers of gigs coming up over the coming year.
The closing date for retweeting and entering the competition is noon on Monday 25 September.
And if you don’t win The Cookie is still offering a whopping 25% off any of the four gigs, subject to ticket availability.
Head to their website www.thecookieleicester.co.uk to see what’s on that tickles your fancy.
Terms and Conditions:
- Tweets must be sent from your own account, any received from other accounts will be declared void
- Successful names for all ticket giveaways will be notified directly by Twitter from @_thecookie
- Please note the tickets for the three music gigs are for standing areas. Please speak directly to the venue about access.
- Any tickets not collected within the times specified will be re-entered into a secondary draw and re-allocated
- Your student ID card will be required to collect tickets
- By entering, prize-winners agree to be photographed and interviewed for DMU publicity purposes. We also encourage ticket winners to share their experience on social media using #LoveDMU.
- If you are selected, you will be allocated a pair of tickets. As the ticket recipient you are responsible for the additional ticket at all times and they be kept in your possession until your entry to the match.
- Under NO circumstances are you entitled to sell/pass on/ transfer the ticket to any other party whether they are a DMU student or external third party/individual.
- If you are unable to use your allocated tickets or no longer wish to use them, please contact The Cookie as soon as possible to arrange re-allocation of the tickets.
- On receiving your allocated tickets, you accept and understand that ticket touting is a criminal offence
Posted on Friday 22nd September 2017