If competitive sport isn’t your thing, there are plenty of recreational sporting opportunities that students can get involved with instead.
DMUsport is committed to providing the following recreational sports provision and promises the students at the university to:
- Help you maintain a fit and healthy lifestyle
- Manage students physical and mental wellbeing
- Provide exceptional sporting opportunities for all, no matter what your race, religion, gender or sexuality
- Allow students to develop new skills
- Provide excellent sporting facilities for students to utilise
- Support students in enhancing their employability
The main aims of the DMUactive programme are to encourage students to get involved, volunteer and learn new skills.
Providing free on campus sports provision, the scheme runs an extensive timetable of 18 student-led activities throughout the week.
The programme promotes an active and healthy lifestyle with no commitments - you can simply turn up and play.
The activities cover a wide variety of sports, there is quite literally something for everyone. Activities take place predominantly at the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Leisure Centre and the Watershed Facility.
See below for the current DMUactive timetable:
TIMETABLE COMING SOON!
For more information contact DMUactive on firstname.lastname@example.org.
DMU has three Intramural leagues where students can set up teams to play competitively against other DMU students for FREE.
11 a side football - Sundays 3-7pm - Beaumont Park
7 a side football - Saturdays 3-7pm - Beaumont Park
5 a side futsal - Fridays 6-10pm - The Watershed
To register your interest please click here: goo.gl/kzsbWR
For more information please contact email@example.com or call 0116 257 8525.