Have you got an idea you would like to turn into a business? Look no further than Pitch2Win!
Pitch2Win is a competition for any type of business idea. You could be looking to become a freelance photographer,design your own fashion label or launch a new video game.
The competition is a 3 stage process and one winner will be awarded a cash prize and business support per round.
Applications for the Spring round are now open and will close on Monday 19 February 2018 at 9am
Film your idea in a 2 minute video pitch and upload it as an unlisted video onto YouTube. Find out how to upload an unlisted video onto YouTube.
Include the URL to the video on your application form on MyGateway.
The judges are looking for submissions that combine a genuine and credible business idea with a clear commercial opportunity. In your 2 minute video, you will need to tell us the following as this is what the judges will be marking your pitch on:
- Introduce yourself and the idea
- The inspiration behind the idea and why you want to do it?
- What competitor and customer research have you already done?
- How is your idea commercially viable?
- What would be your next steps to develop your idea?
- If you were to win Pitch2Win, how would the cash prize benefit your business?
Up to 15 ideas will be shortlisted from the video pitches. Shortlisted students will be invited to attend a boot camp on Monday 26 February 2018 to help develop the idea further and create a professional pitch ahead of the final.
Attendance at this bootcamp is essential to enable you to pitch at the final.
You will be asked to create a 10 slide Powerpoint to accompany your pitch at the final. You will need to submit your presentation to the Enterprise Team by Wednesday 7 March 2018, 9am
All 15 finalists will pitch to a panel of expert judges at the final on Thursday 8 March 2018. A winner will be chosen who will recieve a cash prize of a £1000 and business support to help them turn their winning idea into a business.
Am I eligible to apply?
All eligibility criteria can be found in our competition guidelines but if you can answer yes to the following questions then you should be eligible:
- Graduated after July 2012
- Have not recieved a cash prize through previous rounds of Pitch2Win, Business Venture Competition, Start-up Bursary, Enterprise Inc or Crucible.
- Have not previously participted in the Crucible program
Please note that unfortunately the competition is not open to Tier 4 Visa Nationals.
For more information about Pitch2Win please feel free to contact the Enterprise Team on 0116 207 8914 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require advice about your business idea then please book an appointment at the start-up surgery.
Pitch2Win is supported by: