Long Service Awards
Prior to 1989 Leicester Polytechnic operated a scheme for long service used by Leicestershire County Council which awarded a gift on retirement if an individual had achieved 25 years service. This continued until 1992 when De Montfort University (formerly Leicester Polytechnic) proposed changes to the scheme, which included awarding a long service gift once an individual had achieved 25 years continuous service.
In recognition of long service with De Montfort University and its predecessors, members of staff with 25 years and 35 years continuous service are awarded a gift to the value of £250 and invited to a lunchtime presentation ceremony, normally hosted by the Vice-Chancellor, which is held on an annual basis. The HR Directorate is responsible for the administration of the awards and contacts the individuals involved.
Long Service word(33 kb)
Back to the top
Job evaluation is an annual process. If applicants wish to progress their applications to stage 2 of the job evaluation process they will need to notify their Line Manager and HR Partner by the deadline date of 15 December 2017.
Individuals covered by the Single Salary Pay Spine. pdf(82 kb) have the right to apply for job evaluation if:
- They believe their job has changed significantly and the individual is therefore working outside their allocated role profile, or;
- They believe they are at a level different to their allocated role profile.
It is important to note that there are a number of possible outcomes as a result of job evaluation, namely:
- A new role profile may be identified which may result in an increase in the individual's grade
- A new role profile may be identified which may result in a down grading
- An alternative role profile may be identified and the individual's grade remains the same
- No change to the grade or role profile is made
If you are interested in making an application under the job evaluation process, please take time to read the following documents:
HERA written record (Single sign on).
If you are aware of individuals within your Faculty/Department who wish to make an application for job evaluation, please read the following documentation:
Back to the top