Details for Applicants
The Crucible Project offers support to recent De Montfort University graduates, subject to terms and conditions. Crucible will support participants to achieve on or more of the following:
- Develop an investible business plan during the period of the programme, in order to launch a company which will be ready to pitch to investors
- Launch a company and establish a market presence
- Develop a device, product or service to proof of concept stage.
Full terms and conditions will be issued to successful applicants.
Crucible includes a comprehensive package of support:
- Access to expertise in new venture creation, business strategy, investment strategy, marketing and a range of other support measures tailored to helping you in your new venture endeavour. As part of the programme of support and activities that can be engaged in, successful applicants will receive mentoring and Project Management support.
- A working space a The Innovation Centre at the heart of Leicester and DMU. From here you can network and develop your enterprise.
- Successful applications will receive £1500 (three tranches of £500) to pump-prime the initial phase of your venture. Depending on the project and progress additional funds could be made available on a competitive basis to help at key milestones of the development within the period.
- Provision to help with establishing an investible business plan and in the approach to investors to secure further investment.
How to apply
Applicants must submit a completed application form by Noon on Thursday 16 November 2017. Submission is by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can apply?
The Crucible Project is open to DMU graduates who have graduated since 2013.
Applicants need to have an innovative business idea (concept/service/or product) that requires development and holds the potential to be the basis of a company within the period of funding (November 2017 to August 2018) and to developing full-time for 10 months.
The Crucible Project isn't just looking for tech start-ups. It is looking to support innovative, creative product design and social enterprises too. You don't need to have existing business knowledge, just a great idea!