Details for Applicants
The Crucible Project is a programme for individuals who have an idea, product or service and require support in order to turn it into a business.
Crucible includes a comprehensive package of support:
- Access to expertise in new venture creation, business strategy, investment strategy, marketing and a range of other support measures tailored to helping you in your new venture endeavour. As part of the programme of support and activities that can be engaged in, successful applicants will receive mentoring and Project Management support.
- A working space a The Innovation Centre at the heart of Leicester and DMU. From here you can network and develop your enterprise.
- Successful applications will have opportunities to receive financial support from the University.
- Provision to help with establishing an investible business plan and in the approach to investors to secure further investment.
Full terms and conditions will be issued to successful applicants.
How to apply
Applications are now open. Pleas complete the application form and email it together with a 60 second video to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can apply?
The Crucible Project is open to:
- Current third year students.
- DMU graduates who have graduated since 2013.
- Current post-graduate students.
Applicants need to have an innovative business idea (concept/service/or product) that requires development and holds the potential to be the basis of a company within the by the end of the programme (August 2018 to September 2019).
The Crucible Project isn't just looking for tech start-ups. It is looking to support innovative, creative product design and social enterprises too. You don't need to have existing business knowledge, just a great idea!