Become an alumni mentor
Join our innovative Graduate Plus programme as an alumni mentor and you could offer students a unique, first-hand insight into the changing employment market while developing your own skills at the same time.
For just an hour of your time once a month, you can make a world of difference to those coming out of university by imparting your knowledge and understanding of your industry.
The Graduate Plus alumni mentoring scheme will run between June and September 2015. Mentoring can take place either by email or face-to-face – whichever works best for you.
Could you help our students with the answers to the following questions?
- What does a particular job involve? What are the skills required and the challenges? What’s the recruitment process?
- Advice on how to gain and present relevant experience to employers
- Support with CVs, interview tips, networking and getting ‘work ready'
- Guidance around employability skills such as self-management, team work, IT, numeracy, communication, problem solving, business and customer awareness.
What are the benefits to you?
- Personal and professional development
- A chance to look at your job in a new and different way
- Profile-raising for your company and a pipeline to our graduate talent.
We're looking for mentors from all mentors and backgrounds. Current sectors include architecture, banking, education, tax, IT and consulting, from junior to senior staff representing local SMEs to global corporates.
If you would like to help students by sharing your experiences, we would love to hear from you.Simply email us or give us a call on 0116 207 8979.