Creative Technology Studios
As a leader in teaching and research for the ‘Creative Industries’, De Montfort University already has an enviable reputation for its outstanding facilities and strong links with industry. This prestigious learning centre further enhances that reputation and gives students the opportunity to study in a new technology-led environment featuring industry standard equipment.
As an undergraduate, postgraduate or research student you will have access to these facilities to gain knowledge and experience of creative technologies to support your academic study..
The creative technology studios provide an integrated facility for the acquisition, editing and distribution of video, audio and computer-generated materials. Files can be shared throughout the studios via a fast computer network, enabling a seamless mixed-media workflow.
Specifically, the facilities include:
- Industry-standard video, audio and radio production suites
- A suite of twenty-one High-Definition (HD) video workstations, using the very latest industry-standard HD editing software
- Television studios with HD video cameras, green-screen and virtual-studio capabilities
- Two fully-equipped recording studios, featuring analogue and digital recording systems and surround sound monitoring
- Broadcast-standard radio production studios with professional playout and management systems
- Audio and video laboratories with high specification test equipment for signal analysis
- Fused-media and motion-capture studios for the teaching and research of 3D image capture, modelling and display
- A high-speed, high-definition, data backbone, enabling the integration of audio, video and computer-generated media projects
- Hybrid technologies, using the best of current analogue and digital media.
You will also be supported by a strong team of academic specialists, delivering teaching in the principles and techniques of media technology and production.